A 4 season room is a unique addition to any home in Overland Park, Olathe, or downtown Kansas City. Regardless of how many windows are in your bedroom or kitchen, it just can’t compare to the amount of natural light your sunroom will get. If you love the outdoors but don’t want all the hassles of actually being outdoors, a 4 seasons room may be just what you need.
To help you make a wise decision, the team at Unique Kansas City Patio Enclosures is here to help with a quick reference guide of the advantages and disadvantages of adding a 4 seasons room or patio to your Shawnee or Lenexa home.
The pros of a 4 season sunroom speak for themselves:
- Increased property value and enhanced home appearance. Across the country, potential home buyers see a sunroom as a major selling point, and you will be able to ask a higher selling price for a home that has one.
- Provides outdoor experiences for those who can’t get outside on their own. Elderly people, disabled family members, or small children may need help or supervision to be outside on their own, but they can enjoy a sunroom any time of day on their own.
- Valuable floor space for family gatherings, indoor gyms, home offices, or playrooms. A 4 season sunroom will add flexible square footage to your home which can be used for different purposes all year long. You’ll be especially pleased with the extra space if you are converting an unused outdoor patio into an indoor 4 season room.
The cons are equally important to consider:
- Can increase your property taxes and/or your insurance premiums. Adding a new room to your home can affect your property taxes in some cases, and it can also have an impact on your yearly insurance premiums. Both expenses need to be figured in to your budget.
- Cost of building an extra room, as well as energy costs for heating and cooling it. People often ask us if a 4 season patio is worth the money. We can’t answer that question, because it largely depends on your budget and how often you will use the room.
- No privacy unless your sunroom faces the back of your property or is surrounded by fencing. During the day, a sunroom is bright and airy, but at night it’s easier to see in than out. The use of blinds or curtains for nighttime could assuage this concern. Unique Kansas City Patio Enclosures can help you come up with a solution you’re comfortable with, if that’s the case.
Imagine being able to sip coffee or tea in the early morning without mosquitoes buzzing around your head. What would it be like to be able to lay your book down without the wind flipping pages for you? If these things sound appealing, a 4 seasons room may be right for your Leavenworth home. Talk with an expert from Unique Kansas City Patio Enclosures to finalize your decision and get started on a design!